Because of my background, I am sensitive to immigration and acculturation issues as well as their impact on generations within families. I provide treatment in English and Spanish in addition to serving a diversity of people from varied ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
I graduated from New York University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and took science courses given my interest in how mind, body and emotions work together. I eventually completed my graduate Social Work degree at the Columbia University School of Social Work in 1998. My interest in a broad approach to helping others feel their best led me to include emotional, behavioral and physical treatment methods. These methods are drawn from traditional talk therapy, DBT, EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, mind-body approaches and Mindfulness. In addition to psychotherapy, I offer Reiki. It is a powerful therapy that helps reduce stress, achieve a stronger sense of well being and enhances the treatment already provided by medical doctors.
As a practitioner, I provide therapy for helping professionals dealing with burnout, compassion fatigue and other issues. My background in the training, education and treatment of those in helping professions has contributed to being a provider to those in the helping field. I have been a guest lecturer at the graduate Social Work schools at Columbia University, Hunter College and Fordham University. For eight years, I had been a faculty member at the Trauma Studies Center Integrated Training Program at The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (ICP). I had been an instructor, group supervisor and individual supervisor there.
My post graduate training includes:
- Sensorimotor Training – completed level 1 through the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training – completed levels 1, 2 and 3 with Laurel Parnell, PhD
- Training in Traumatic Stress Studies at the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
- Primary Practicum of Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) at the Albert Ellis Institute
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Intensive Training (DBT) ten-day intensive course completed via Behavioral Tech
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy coursework at The National Institute for the Psychotherapies
- Reiki Master Training – completed with Reiki Master Instructor, Pardis Partow
*Starting Jan. 1, 2023, the practice is exclusively remote from New York, NY