Why do we seek a professional to talk to?
We want to feel better. Even though it can be helpful to find support from close friends and family, we can still benefit from expert guidance. We might be working on dealing with life changes, losses, relationships, medical problems, upsetting situations from the past or present, trauma, anxiety, depression or a mental health diagnosis.
As individuals, we all have ways to adapt to and manage these situations but we can feel stuck and want to achieve more. Therapy can be a new way to take charge and fulfill our goals. We can better understand the roots of our problems and move forward. I can help in this process.
I Specialize In:
- - Anxiety
- - Depression
- - Trauma, PTSD, and Abuse
- - Dissociation/Dissociative Identity Disorder
- - Life changes
- - Relationship problems
- - Childhood & Adult Trauma
- - Codependency
- - Coping with Medical Problems
- - Immigration (culture, religion, ethnicity, children of immigrants/migrants)
- - GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer)
- - Stress management
- -Ritualistic abuse, cults
- -Helping Professionals, Compassion Fatigue, Burnout
Letizia Adorno, LCSWBecause of my background, I am sensitive to immigration and aculturation issues as well as their impact on generations within a family. I provide treatment in English and Spanish but see a diversity of people from varied ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.